Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fruit Crostini


Once in awhile I buy the Happy Herbivore Meal Plans.  It's $5 for a weekly plan and it includes all the recipes, shopping list and short-cut tips to make things ahead of time, etc.  This recipe was from one of those plans and it was really delicious and fresh!

Ingredients (serves 2)

5 slices whole-wheat bread
6 oz vegan yogurt (plain, vanilla or lemon)- I used vanilla coconut milk yogurt
1 peach, pitted and diced
½ cup blueberries
pinch fresh thyme (optional)- I used this and I think it's the secret ingredient :)
1 tsp honey or agave nectar
lemon juice

Instructions

Toast bread. Spread cool yogurt on bread. Mix fruits with thyme, agave and lemon juice. Adding
more thyme, sweetener or lemon juice as desired. Spoon onto toast.

Per serving: 286 calories, 3.7g fat, 48.1g carbohydrates, 6.6g fiber, 20.5g sugars, 14.7g protein

Prep: Prepare salsa ahead. Toast bread morning of. Assemble just before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment