Friday, July 13, 2012

Strawberry Jam and Toast


Like everyone, I am always busy!  I am learning to cook and enjoying it along the way, but let's face it, the majority of my meals are not created from fancy recipes.  A huge part of becoming more healthy for me, is the small daily food choices... they really add up over time, whether positive or negative.  I am always interested in finding a new, healthier alternative to foods that I love and figured this blog is a good way to share what I've found and hopefully get new ideas from you!

This morning I had toast and jam.  The bread that I buy is called "Healthy Life" and only has 35 calories a slice.  Most breads are between 90 and 100 calories a slice so that's quite a difference.  Plus, this bread is high in fiber, made from whole grains, and low in fat.  The jam I like is sugar free and made by Polaner.  It's so yummy and 10 calories a tablespoon, instead of the normal 50 for most jams!  I skip the butter or margarine and don't miss it because the jam is so tasty.

It's really cool for me to see how all of these little changes have added up to a healthier diet, more energy and some weight loss too!

Happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment