Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans


I wanted to make something special with the fresh green beans that Tina gave me from her garden!  I've never roasted green beans before, or prepared them with orange flavoring... but this turned out so great!  The dish was slightly sweet and a little bit crispy.  I found the recipe on EatingWell.com and of course, altered to make it more healthy :)

Ingredients

  • 1 pound green beans, trimmed
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • olive oil cooking spray
  • Zest of 1 orange
  • dash of salt
  • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
  2. Toss green beans, bell pepper in a large bowl.
  3. Spray the veggies lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
  4. Add orange zest, salt and crushed red pepper to taste; toss to combine.
  5. Spread on a large baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning once halfway through cooking, until tender and slightly wilted, about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment