Monday, October 8, 2012

Beer Bread


I have to admit, I don't think I've ever had beer bread before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  But I know I like beer and it looked like a good hearty bread, so I decided to give this Happy Herbivore recipe a try.  I liked this bread a lot and could actually taste the beer which was bonus :)  The outside crust got pretty crunchy so I think next time I would bake a little less, but it still tasted great.  You could experiment with different types of beer and flavors, such as pumpkin beer... or adding sundried tomato & herbs.... or maybe nutrional yeast (i.e. "cheese") and dill... hmmm.... yes, I think I'll try that one :)  This recipe is so quick and simple, you can experiment easily!

Ingredients


  • 3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 tbsp Stevia in the Raw
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 12 ounces beer (I used Oatmeal Stout and definitely recommend a dark beer!)

 

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a bread pan and set aside.
  2. Carefully measure flour and combine in a mixing bowl with remaining dry ingredients.
  3. Pour in beer and mix, it will eventually start to form a dough. When dough forms, use your hands to finish combining.
  4. Transfer dough to your bread pan, pressing down gently so it spreads out even.
  5. Bake for 45 min- 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment