Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Oh my, I made these last night for a dinner party I am having tomorrow night and I am not sure how many will be left by that time!  Sooooooo yummy :)  Everyone needs a sweet treat sometimes and I'm enjoying making my own, which is way healthier (and cheaper!) than buying out somewhere.  I altered the original recipe by using Stevia instead of sugar.

Ingredients

  • 6 tbsp canned pure pumpkin
  • ¼ cup pure maple syrup
  • ½ cup Stevia in the Raw
  • ½ whole banana, mashed
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
  • 1½ cups rolled oats
  • ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • ¼ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ cup raisins

 

Instructions


Makes 12 cookies.

  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with wax paper and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, maple syrup, Stevia, banana and milk together.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice together and then transfer it into the wet mixture.
  4. Stir a few times then add raisins. Continue to mix until combined. It may look too dry initially, but keep stroking, it will incorporate perfectly.
  5. Drop spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch and spring-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment