Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Spinach & Fruit Salad w/ Balsamic-Dijon Dressing


 
This salad was so fresh and pretty too!  As you can probably see in the photo, it was made with baby spinach, sliced almonds, fresh strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.  I made homemade Balsamic-Dijon Dressing from page 126 Everyday Happy Herbivore.  The dressing really brought out all the flavors of the salad!
 
Serves 1 (I think I did this recipe 4-5x for the large salad pictured)
 

Balsamic-Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients

 
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. water
  • agave nectar, to taste

 

Instructions

 
Whisk Dijon with vinegars and water.  If it's too tart, add a few drops of agave to taste.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. My Grandma wanted the recipe for the dressing so here it is!

    Serves 2

    Ingredients:
    4 tsp Dijon mustard
    2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
    2 tsp Red Wine vinegar
    2 tbsp water
    agave nectar (or honey) to taste

    Instructions:
    - Whisk Dijon with vinegars and water
    - If it's too tart, add drops of agave (or honey) to taste

    ReplyDelete