Monday, November 4, 2013

Easy Enchilada Bake


This meal was super quick and easy for a weeknight dinner.  The sauce soaked in to the beans and tortillas during baking and turned out really great!  The recipe was in one of the Happy Herbivore Meal Plans that I sometimes buy but it's also available on page 166 of the Happy Herbivore Cookbook.

Serves 2

Ingredients

  • 1 cup enchilada sauce - I bought this canned and added agave nectar for sweetness and some smoked ground chipotle pepper for flavor and heat
  • 6-10 corn tortillas
  • 1 1/3 cup fat-free refried beans (canned) - I used refried black beans and it was delicious :-)
  • 3 cups fresh spinach
  • 6-12 black olives, sliced 

Instructions

  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce in your microwave or oven safe dish.
  3. Next, add a layer of tortilla, covering the bottom–a little overlap is fine, or you can cut the tortillas to fit.
  4. Spread tortilla with half of the refried beans and top with half of the spinach.
  5. Add another layer of tortilla with remaining beans and spinach.
  6. Top with remaining tortilla and pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over everything.
  7. Microwave or bake until warm (I baked for about 20 minute), then add olives on top before eating.
To Note:  You can add additional ingredients like corn, green chilies or vegan cheese.




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment